Sunday, December 8, 2013

Currently: preparing for the holidays!

Photo via @mcstroup on Instagram
reading | Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I'm not loving this series as much as the bloggers I learned about it from did, but the books are fun, quick reads. And I'm excited to start Paper Towns next—hopefully tonight! :)

writing | my upcoming stocking stuffer guide for Wednesday. These lists have been so fun to create! Have you seen my guides for organized people, caffeine addicts and travel bugs yet?

listening | to the 49ers vs. Seahawks game on TV. Has there been a single Sunday Currently post this fall where I haven't been listening to football?

thinking | about how tired shopping makes me. Two hours after church today to get our holiday goodies (see photo above!) was just too much for me.

smelling | the delicious, relaxing peppermint tea I just brewed.

wishing | I could join my brother and mom on vacation in Egypt next week. Working woman problems....

hoping | Jonathan and I host a successful first holiday in our apartment next month! We're planning on a late Christmas celebration in early January because that's the only weekend my dad, my siblings and me were all available.

wearing | my new mint sweater from Old Navy (on sale now!) and a pale pink necklace from H&M, so I'm feeling very pastel-y on this (almost) winter day.

loving | all the sweaters I got at Old Navy on sale this week. I usually try not to buy myself stuff right before Christmas, but I just couldn't pass up the comfy clothes ... or the prices!

wanting | an Apple TV or Google Chromecast or something similar that will allow me to stream my beloved Netflix shows on my television. But I will wait until after the holidays to buy this, just in case. ;)

needing | to figure out what to get my little brother for Christmas. Boys are so hard to shop for! Any suggestions? He's a junior at the University of Georgia and he loves animals and "fratty clothing" (his words, not mine).

feeling | grateful that we finally turned our heater on this week. We were trying to save energy, but baby it's cold in here in the mornings!

clicking | through my Twitter feed and multiple news sites to read everyone's reactions to the college championship games. I have to hand it to Auburn for an amazing season and a great game yesterday, but I'll always love my (Missouri) Tigers!

How is your Sunday going?

Linking up with Lauren at siddathornton for The Sunday Currently.
 

No comments: