Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Top 10 Books on my Summer TBR List

Ahhhh, summer! Although it is actually my least favorite season, now that I'm back in school, summer means way more time for reading, so it can't be all bad. :) I'm hoping to read a LOT this summer to make progress on my reading challenges (and this fun read-a-thon I found on Instagram yesterday). Here are the 10 books (adult and YA) I most want to check off my extensive TBR list before fall comes around:



Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie | Because it's just embarrassing I haven't read this yet.

The Good Girl, Mary Kubica | Because what summer reading list would be complete without a mystery/thriller?

Stone Mattress: Nine Tales, Margaret Atwood | Because I thought a short story collection would be a nice addition.

Paris Red, Maureen Gibbon | Because this one sounds kind of smutty. To be totally honest. ;)

This is How You Lose Her, Junot Diaz | Because again ... how can I call myself a reader if I haven't read this? (See Americanah above.)



A Mad Wicked Folly, Sharon Biggs Waller | Because it's historical fiction (my favorite genre!) and the cover always catches my eye when I'm shelving in the teen room.

Paper Towns, John Green | Because this book has been on my TBR list long enough and now I need to read it before the movie comes out! Plus, I've never read a John Green novel I didn't like.

The Sky is Everywhere, Jandy Nelson | Because I loved I'll Give You the Sun sooooooo much.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Jenny Han | Because I've seen it on a million book blogs, a sequel just came out, and it's currently available at the library as an ebook for my six-hour plane ride at the end of this month.

Before I Fall, Lauren Oliver | Because I've read (and enjoyed) all Oliver's other YA books and this is her debut for crying out loud.

What's at the top of your summer reading list?

Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top 10 Tuesday.

No comments: